Important Telephone Numbers
|Emergency road service:||1230, 1240|
|Information about telephone numbers:||1180|
|Czech Republic country code:||+420 (00420) + phone number (9 digits)|
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Official website
- Embassies and consulates
- List of States whose citizens are required to have visa
- Travel medical insurance
Non-Commercial Goods - export & import
Czech and foreign nationals are allowed to export from the Czech Republic without any permission articles of noncommercial nature to meet the personal needs. Information of the Customs Administration (non-Member Countries of the EU) you can find here.
Czech Crown - CZK, Ceska Koruna - Kc, 1 CZK = 100 hellers.
Bank notes come in 5000, 2000, 1000, 500, 200, 100 denominations and coins in 50, 20, 10, 5, 2, and 1 Kc.
Days off, Bank holidays and holidays in the Czech Republic
- 1 January - New Year's Day
- March, April - Easter (celebrated for two days - Sunday and Monday)
- 1 May - May Day
- 8 May - Liberation from Fascism
- 5 July - Cyril and Methodius
- 6 July - Burning at Stake of Jan Hus
- 28 September - Czech Statehood Day
- 28 October - Establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic
- 17 November - Freedom and Democracy Day
- 24 December - Christmas Eve
- 25 December - Christmas Day
- 26 December - Christmas Day
Summer holiday in the Czech Republic begin at the start of July and last until the end of August. Apart from the fact that schools are closed, timetables for public transport are usually slightly altered.
NewsWhat about a Christmas market in OLOMOUC ?
4.12.2013 More >Admire MORAVIA - region famous for its still live traditions !
4.12.2013 More >DĚTENICE RESORT - Magic place with a chateau, unique medieval hotel & tavern
6.8.2013 More >The most beautiful Czech beer spa
27.6.2013 Let´s be your guide in the most beautiful Czech Beer spa located in a lovely Moravian town surrounded by mountains. The town is the starting point for many hiking trips and is also famous for Wallachian open air museum. More >